Saturday, September 22, 2012

Calypso Mineral Beauty Review

Today I will be reviewing the Matte Rainbow Stacker from Calypso Mineral Beauty and I am really excited about it!


 As you can see this vibrant Stacker comes with 13 matte shades which include reds, purples, blues, greens, and yellows. These loose shadows are very pigmented and packed with color.

                                                                        L-R:

True Blood: Matte pink toned Red.
Tickle Pink: Perfect baby pink.
Orange Crush: A muted warm toned orange.
Matte Apricot: Definitely an apricot color, this one is a little more vibrant than Orange Crush.
Lemon Sorbet: A more mustard yellow.
I do believe Orange Crush and Matte Apricot are close enough to each other than both aren't necessary. None the less, both beautiful colors.
                                                                            L-R:

Sublime: The name alone I love but its a gorgeous olive sage green. One of my faves!
Envious: A grassy green
Drama: Lovely powder blue another favorite!
Bright Blue: Obnoxious in your face bright royal blue. This one is just a must have in anyone's collection.
 (I love these 4 colors together)
 
L-R:

 In the Navy: perfect deep smouldering navy blue.
Grape Pop: Think of the colors purple and this is what will pop in your head.
Matte Violet: Vibrant shade of violet.
Razzle Dazzle: My absolute most favorite color out of the bunch. The most awesome vibrant raspberry color. GORGEOUS!
(Swatches done over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk)
 Here is a picture of the colors wet using a mixing medium. Proof they make awesome liners!

Pigmentation: 5/5
These pigments are beautifully created, awesome pigmentation for sure. With most mattes they require a little more work but they actually blend great! I of course suggest a primer AND base for the most bang for your buck as I do with all shadows especially loose shadows. I really love playing with these bad boys I find myself reaching for this stack more than anything else when I want to do makeup.

Company: 5/5
I have had nothing but an awesome experience with this company, the owner is incredibly pleasant. Totally adore her! The shipping was fast and everything came in tact.

Packaging: 4/5
I do love the fact that this is a stack because it keeps the colors together saves space and time. I have tons of loose shadows and it is hard to find colors sometimes so I like having these all in one spot. My only complaint is the labeling. They are paper not laminated or anything so the pigment sticks to it and makes it difficult to read the colors. Other than that the packaging of the stacks are great.

If you want to see looks using these shadows please check out my Facebook: Savannah Loves Makeup
and Makeupbee: https://www.makeupbee.com/userlooks.php

For the Rainbow Stacker or any other Calypso Mineral Beauty products please check out their Etsy: Matte Rainbow Stacker
Facebook: Calypso Mineral Beauty FB
The owner was sweet enough to give my "fans" a discount code you will receive 25% off with the code: "Savannah" how awesome is that?!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this review I admit I am quite rusty at it since it has been a while but I hope it was still informative! Thanks again and have a lovely day!



No comments:

Post a Comment